Save with this bundle of 3 courses!
Introduction to Dyslexia; Multi-Sensory Teaching Strategies; and The Ultimate Field Guide for Educators and Parents
Enrolling in all 3 courses will allow you to expand your expertise on dyslexia and how to help students who struggle with reading and spelling.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $447
Get started now!
What will you get with your investment in these courses?
- Effective resources and information to empower you to better understand and help children who have dyslexia and related learning differences
- Strategies you can use tomorrow to reach and teach the children you care about
- Access to our private Facebook group for ongoing support, encouragement, and communication
- Master of Science in Reading from the University of St. Francis, Joliet, IL
- Reading Specialist
- Certified Orton-Gillingham teacher
- Certified Level 1 Literacy Coach through Chicago Coaching Center
- Nationally certified by the Academic Language Therapy Association as a Certified Academic Language Practitioner
- Nationally certified by the International Dyslexia Association as a Certified Dyslexia Practitioner
- Former Adjunct Professor at the University of St. Francis
- Speaker at many literacy conferences and for dyslexia parent support groups
- Board member of Everyone Reading Illinois
- Former Vice President, Academic Language Therapy Association of Illinois chapter
- 2017 Illinois State Board of Education Reading Specialist Stakeholder committee member
- 2016 International Dyslexia Association University Accreditation Review Team member
As a classroom teacher, I was puzzled why some students struggled so much trying to apply phonics skills in their reading and spelling and why after dedicated instruction and practice, these students still were not fluent readers. I empathized with parents who didn't know how to help their children. My heart broke as I saw my students’ self esteem suffer and the gap continue to widen between their academic progress and that of their peers. I had to figure out how to help them!
In my search to find answers, I was led to the Children’s Dyslexia Center in LaGrange, IL. While I worked through the intensive Orton-Gillingham tutor training program, I learned what my struggling students needed was a different approach to teaching and learning. That different approach was multi-sensory, along with structured and sequential techniques. These new tools would benefit all of my students who have difficulty with reading and/or spelling.
I can only reach a small number of children by myself, but if I can teach these Multi-Sensory Structured Language strategies to parents and other educators, we can reach a large number of children! That is my passion, and that is why I've created these courses for you!