Discussion: Introduce Yourself
- To get things started, watch a video and learn a little about me.
My Introduction (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
2. Then please introduce yourself to our private Facebook group by creating a post that includes details about you, such as:
- Where are you from?
- What do you do? What is a typical day in your life?
- What prompted you to take this course?
- Tell us one word that best describes you.
- Feel free to also include any other information that will help us know you better, such as interests, hobbies, about your family, etc.
3. After introducing yourself, in order to get you warmed up to think and learn about the content of this course, and allow me to get an idea of your background knowledge and desired outcomes, please post your thoughts on the following:
- What do you already know about Dyslexia and reading disabilities?
- What are your thoughts after comparing the learning standards you currently use to the International Dyslexia Association standards? How are they alike and different?
- What experiences have you had teaching phonological awareness, phonics, structure of words, grammar, and English?
- What do you want to learn about these topics that would help you more effectively teach struggling children?
4. Finally, comment on the introductions of at least two of the other students to connect with them and make them feel welcome:)